Thursday, April 26, 2012

Entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix libiconv-2.dll


I didn't know what to do with this error at first: Error...Entry point
libiconv_set_relocation_prefix libiconv-2.dll. In my readings, I found
Victor saying concerning this error: "you met .dll hell." Yes, I did.
I deleted all occurrences of libiconv-2.dll and left only the ones
embedded in the hb31 nightly package. But still the "hell' didn't
leave me when I already deleted the same .dll in c:\Windows\System32.

Confused, I visited c:Windows\System32 and found there (again):
libiconv-2.dll. Did it resurrect? Anyway, I deleted it the second time
and pasted into c:\Windows\System32 libiconv-2.dll from hb31 in order
to stop its reproduction, if my theory proves right amidst my
ignorance of how did this broken dll found a place again at System32.
Then I ran hbmk2 and the "hell" went away. The problem was solved
which was caused by the libiconv-2.dll found in my c:\Window\System32.

I shared this experience for the others who will be meeting the same
error in the course of Harbour programming. Thanks to the Gurus who
give Harbour to the world for free.

For more information about Harbour Programming Language, please visit the following links:

http://groups.google.com/group/harbour-users?pli=1

http://www.harbour-project.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment